Mode of operation
Advantages of the technology
|Conventional CWWTP are efficient, however
- they require too much energy for aeration and
- produce too much excess sludge, treatment of which is expensive.
High-performance CWWTP, realized as fluidized bed reactor, with integrated clarifyer and highly efficient fine bubble membrane aeration using
- adapted microorganisms,
- immobilised on 12 vol.% of porous, adsorbing, easily fluidised LEVAPOR-carrier cuboids.
|The mechanically preteated effluent will be treated under aerobic conditions by immobilised microorganisms, whereby COD and ammoniacal nitrogene will be oxidized nearby completely.|
Under special conditions the produced nitrate can be converted simultaneously into molecular nitrogene (simultaneous denitrification under aerobic conditions).
The immobilization of the biomass results in a remarkably lower generation of excess sludge.
Fields of applicationBiological treatment of
- municipal effluents in smaller communities
- industrial effluents
- contaminated groundwater and landfill leachates
- decentral treatment of single industrial effluent streams
|of biomass results in faster and better buildup of the „biology“ and buffering of toxic effects.
- The icrease of biomass concentrations results in higher
- volume-time-yield and in higher
- sludge ages.
- Considerably lower degree of filling of the reactor with LEVAPOR, compared with similar techniques
- existing reactors can be upgraded easily
- optimal mass transfer within the carrier cubes
- simple retention of the carrier in the reactor
- a special sludge removal from carrier is not required
- lower energy consumption
- sufficient oxygene input
- simplicity and easy operation